herbivores??

Kate,

Siamese algae eaters are great, especially for BBA (black brush algae).
Chinese algae eaters are not, they get very aggressive and I don't think
they eat any algae.

Ottos do a good job but you have to have quite a few.

Amano shrimp do a good job.

Ghost shrimp seem to do ok as well but not as well as aforementioned and
again, you have to have lots of them.

Florida Flag Fish do a great job but some are incredibly obnoxious.  I have
5 in a 92 gallon that did a terrific job on algae but love the taste of
ghost shrimp.  They wiped out around 30 in a few weeks time.  YMMV with
them.

Daphne