Re: Overdosing Flourish Excel?

My LFS suggested not to use Excel at the end of the day. They did this in
one of their tanks and ended up killing the fish.

I've been using Excel for about two months now, two weeks with CO2. For a
while I was putting to much in per dose, but only doing it 1-3 times/week.
Now I use it daily using the dropper.  Either way, I do it around half way
through the day's light time and all has been well.

=-=

A friend of mine overdosed Excel and lost over half
his fish.

He found the surviving fish gasping for air at the top
the tank.
I think the sugars in Excel reacted to consume the
oxygen in the tank,
but I don't really know.
Is that a likely explanation?