[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Overdosing Flourish Excel?
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Overdosing Flourish Excel?
- From: Michael Flaminio <mflaminio at mac_com>
- Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 18:48:44 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <200203022048.g22Km2s26592 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/10.0.0.1309
My LFS suggested not to use Excel at the end of the day. They did this in
one of their tanks and ended up killing the fish.
I've been using Excel for about two months now, two weeks with CO2. For a
while I was putting to much in per dose, but only doing it 1-3 times/week.
Now I use it daily using the dropper. Either way, I do it around half way
through the day's light time and all has been well.
A friend of mine overdosed Excel and lost over half
He found the surviving fish gasping for air at the top
I think the sugars in Excel reacted to consume the
oxygen in the tank,
but I don't really know.
Is that a likely explanation?