[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re:Have a question about landscaping
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re:Have a question about landscaping
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 15:20:43 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200203022048.g22Km2s26592 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Are there any suggestions about creating thin, natural rock retaining walls
> in some other fashion or cutting slate easily into strips?
I've used glass slats. I glue the rock, sand etc all over these. You can
also use cork and attach plants to these so that you can have a plant
terrace instead of a rock terrace. Another idea is to use driftwood and saw
the strips to make the terraces. Hard sometimes to find consistent materials
to work with but go out looking can be fun also.
Using petrified wood pieces you can make a nice wall also but it'll be
thicker likely than you want. Looks very nice though.