Why plants grow and algae don't

Mike,

I found the quickest cure for getting rid of GW to be a UV sterilizer.
Doesn't solve the problem that created it but works beautifully for getting
back crystal clear water.  I went through a period of trying to break Tom
Barr's record for number of outbreaks.  UV's are a bit pricey but
indispensable IMO.  FWIW, in situations like this, if you include a general
ballpark of where you are located, people that are close will sometimes even
loan you theirs.

You obviously have to fix the underlying problem which has been addressed or
you will just keep getting it but this is what worked for me.

Good luck.

Daphne