Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1651

(snip)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:14:26 EST
From: DLee185936 at aol_com
Subject: Re:  Injecting CO2 into the canister filter

In a message dated 2/27/02 2:55:50 AM Central Standard Time,

> an
> Eheim ProII 2026 canister.  I plan to inject CO2 into
> the filter.

I would recommend not to plan on injecting CO2 into a canister filter.  I did
it with an Eheim 2228 and ended up locking up the filter.  Use a reactor, Tom
Barr style.

Don
(snip)

This shows how your mileage may vary. I hav injected into Eheims for almost
three years and have never, ever had a lock up. I think that with too much
gas going into the filter this could happen. An Eheim rep told me at a trade
show that Eheims are engineered to evacuate bubbles from the pump head.
Dave

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---