Lamotte CO2 test

I was checking out the Lamotte kits on FosterSmith and
noticed that the co2 kit is only 20 bucks.  I looked
it up in the archives and there was a George Booth
post that said that mineral acids may interfere with
the results.  I called Lamotte and all they could tell
me was that feric iron above 1ppm would interfere.
They couldn't say about ferrous.  I'm assuming that
the small amounts of trace elements added won't
interfere.  I'm also assuming that with measured
carbonate hardness and co2, I can figure out ph.  That
would be cheaper than a ph meter.

Thanks, Cavan