[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Clarification on LaMotte Nitrate test readings
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Clarification on LaMotte Nitrate test readings
- From: J & D Olberding <jdolb1 at attbi_com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:16:24 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200202260848.g1Q8m3E18046 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express Macintosh Edition - 5.01 (1630)
Recently there has been comments re multiplying LaMotte Nitrate test kit
reading by 4.4 to get ppms NO3 reading.
Question. Should one be using the multiplied result to determine dosing with
I have tanks that read 6pmm on octet comparator and have been dosing from
that reading. 6ppm multiples out to 26.4ppm which would be considered bit
high. I have been dosing the amount of KNO3 recommended for gallons, wattage
and compressed CO2. They don't act like tanks with too much NO3 in that
growth is good with almost no algae.