Re: methods of making the seal

The method that I use is to drill the cap with 1/4" drill bit and use 4" of
the stiff tubing that is used for down tube for an undergravel filter. This
tubing is available from some LFS. I use a $15.00 hot glue gun with heavy
duty glue sticks. My two caps have lasted years ( more then 5/6 years). I
also use regular air tubing with a back flow prevention valve. One of these
tubing set-ups lasted over three years until the cat knocked over the
bottle. I was there when it happened, and I was able to prevent the system
from mucking up the fish (plants) tank.    JiM C.