RE: Planning first tank in years

> Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:19:13 -0800 (PST)
> From: Kyle M

> ...So, for those of us who still must use DIY
> I would like to know other members' methods of
> making the seal. I'd like to know a permanent
> way.

Go to the local shop and get a length of 3/16" rigid air tube.

On the way home, stop by any hardware store. Their "nuts n' bolts" section
will reveal something you wouldn't normally associate with screws, washers,
fasteners and rivets - both cork and rubber bottle stoppers. I'd recommend
the rubber ones myself.

While you're there, if you don't already have one pick up a 5/32" drill bit,
too...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com