I would like to know other members' methods of making the seal

I just take a pointed knife to a two liter coke cap.  Slowly twist it
through the cap, and work it from both sides until i have a circular
hole slightly smaller than the plastic tubing.  Then i just kinda
fold/roll the end of the tubing a little to get started through the
hole, then pull it through with pliars.  Work it back and forth a little
  untill its unfolded and it forms good seal for quite awhile.
Eventually the strain on the tubing collapses it so much that it leaks.
  But then I just give it a little tug to reseat it.  Oh and make sure
you don't pull out the inner plastic seal that's in the coke bottle cap.

I would attribute this idea to it original progeniter, but alas I know
not who it was.