hardness question

	I've been trying to determine the CO2 level in my aquarium.
	I have a test kit( Mardel's Aqua Lab 1) that measures "ppm total
alkalinity/buffering capacity."   Is this the same as KH????  I just
read on the krib, that KH is a measure of alkalinity.
	This same test kit also gives a reading for "ppm total hardness"
and for Ph.
	If the alkalinity is the same as the KH, then what is this "total
hardness?
	I just tested my water, and here's what I got:
ppm total hardness - 250
ppm total alkalinity/buffering capacity - 80 - same as KH????
Ph - 6.8
	I'd appreciate any help translating this.
-Chrys
     My Aquarium-
http://chrys.addr.com/aquarium/
     My Photography Page-