Re: Cotton wool like algae

Wayne from Singapore writes, in part:

<< I have an algae problem. The algae looks like strips of cotton wool. I
 think it is hair algae. Grows only on plants(even fast growing ones). Not
 found on glass surface.

 108watts of light for 15.6gallons of water. 9hours daily.
 5ml weekly doses of Tropica Master grow.

I'm no expert, but seven plus WPG sounds a bit high (unless the light is
incandescent) and 60 bubbles of CO2 per minute also seems a bit out of range,
but others know better than I.

Except for the algae, how are the plants doing in this environment?

Good luck!

Bill