Re: P stellata

> From: Lazarus Miskowski <lazmiskowski at yahoo_com>
> Subject: eusteralis stellata
>
> Just thought I would throw out some of my observations
> on stellata, now that that I have had it for about 3
> months.
>
> First of all, it seems to be very easy to grow.  I
> have not experienced any of the tips dying, with
> subsequent new shoots as others report being typical.
> On the other hand, I have cut the stem at about
> halfway, and then gotten new stems shooting out of the
> stump.

What is your NO3 and fish load? Also, what is your PO4 level and trace
additions?
This question applies to all those who have it. I think it might do better
in higher NO3 waters with less PO4. Some folks, even brand new beginners
that I help and set up tanks for have the greatest of ease growing it but
others, myself include have trouble. It plays tricks on folks over the long
term. Just when you feel all comfortable, it stunts. Nice plant though.
Regards,
Tom Barr