[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: lites
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:21:01 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200202212048.g1LKm1k08259 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
>> A couple of questions; Do CF lights last longer than regular T-12 Flo
They sure seem to. Mine are over 4 years old. No problems.
And a second question, I'm getting conflicting opinions from
>> various on-line sellers on this point; do I need more than 2-3 watts per
>> gallon of light to grow plants well in a 30" deep tank?
I'd go about 3watt/gallon using something like the A&H lite kits. They have
a very good reflector that is more designed to shoot deeper than many of the
other pre made PC lite companies.