Re: tank specs

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Roger Miller wrote:

|Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:26:54 -0700
|From: Roger Miller <rgrmill at rt66_com>
|Subject: Re:  tank specs
|
|John Wheeler wrote:
|
|> One beef I have with aquascaping now is the proportions of the tanks
|> commonly for sale. They have no depth (front to back) so it is difficult to
|> *create* in such a limited scope, especially with bulky items like rocks.
|
|Last year I decided it was finally time to set up my "big" tank.  I talked to
|people on this list, looked at the available tanks and made sure I had my
|priorities right.  To get the best shape and the best fit to my space
|available I decided on a custom-built 5'x2'x2' tank.
|
|The tank is on it's stand; I have the filter, I've order the Flourite.  CO2
|and lighting are next.  But even now I can say one thing for sure.  A tank
|that measures 2 feet (or more) front-to-back takes a big bite out of whatever
|space you put it in.  That's a major concideration.
|

|Roger Miller

Hi Roger,
I have often thought about doing something like this too.
How do you know how thick your glass should be?

my dream is to some day build an aquarium with several stages in it.  Basically
have several tanks that have an overflow into the next and at the bottem have it
flow into a resevior where a sump pump is to pump the water back to the top.
With something like this I am hoping to have a small "water fall" like
atmosphere with various fish and plants at various stages.  (it will also
provide yet another source of water that my cats are not supposed to drink out
of but will.  LOL)
-Lee