Re: Pregnant and Paranoid

Hi Deirdre,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  FYI, I am 31 weeks pregnant and have my hands
in my tank at least once a week if not more.  I am not aware of any potential harmful
things in terms of what we add, but I typically add KNO3, K2SO4 and TMG.  I am more
cautious when adding the chemicals to the tank, but don't bother to wear gloves or
anything.   Obviously, you don't want to ingest anything, and if you have any wounds
on your hands, I would wear gloves, but the I would recommend that to anyone with
wounds to minimize contact with fish water.

I personally think that the chemicals in hair dye are be more dangerous, but I haven't
quit dying my hair either, nor do I go out of my way to ingest hair dye :-).

Of course, this is just my opinion... what is most important is your own piece of mind.  By
all means, if you are not comfortable dipping your hands in the tank, then have someone
else do it.  The last thing you want to do is add more stress to you body, when it will
already be going through enough stressful changes.

Good-luck!

-Cindy