Native plants

Just a bit of information for those interested in native plants:

Check and see if your university or a state agency has an herbarium.  The
University of TN Herbarium here in Knoxville has a listing of plant species
for my state as well as an atlas utility which shows the counties where
each plant specie can be found.  It's a nice resource and I bet many states
have such a facility.  For my fellow Tennesseans and anyone else who's
interested, here's the link to the UT Herbarium:

http://www.bio.utk.edu/botany/herbarium/

Note that the site is still under construction and incomplete, particularly
the bryophyte section.
--
Chuck Huffine