Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1629

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 01:48, Rachel wrote:

> Does anybody know anything about the plant/fish/aquarium scence in
> Albuquerque NM? My husband has a job offer from there that just won't go
> away. Here in Portland we have a great club, and I can drive to Seattle to
> go to their meetings too. Would Albuquerque be a fish club desert?

I'm in Albuquerque, but yes Albuquerque is a fish club desert.

There was an aquarium society here at one time but it disappeared.  I'm
positive that there are enough people here to support such a group.  We also
have the theoretically ideal place for meetings and support--the Biological
Park Aquarium and Botanical Garden.

I've looked around for people willing to start a planted aquarium group.
I've probably found enough to start, but we're missing someone who has the
time and the inclination to actually get it started.

Albuquerque is also a real desert, so if you move from the great NW, be
prepared for some serious climate shock.

Roger Miller