Tank proportions; tank age.

"James Purchase" wrote:
<snip>
 "You buy a tank ONCE and it should last 10-20 years
if cared for properly (I recently re-siliconed a 20 year old tank and
gave
it to one of my neighbours, to get his children introduced into the
hobby.
It  should last at least another 10 years and I hope it brings just as
much
joy to the new owners as it did to me over the years)."

AHHHH! James what do you mean a tank should last 10-20 years? Barring
misfortunate mishaps I thought my tank would last- well forever! (well
least till I'm pushing up daises).  Surely people here must have tanks
they have had for ages and they don't go buying new ones every 20 years?

Regards
Damian.