[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: native plant
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: native plant
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:47:08 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200202160848.g1G8m3Q07938 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> That is odd you mention Veronica. I recently got one. I had never heard of
> it but it reminds me of both an ozelot and flame sword. Very pretty. The
> new leaves are almost solid dark red with small specks of green. Is this
> the same plant you are referring to? What other tidbits can you share about
Nope, looks like Hygro and Gymnocornis somewhat, opposite leaves, fast
grower etc. Non native European introduction in CA. It's a bad weed ***but
of course*** it's not on any list of noxious weeds, just the aquarium plants
that don't make it out in my pond that's taken care of.
The bad weeds here are hornwort, Chara, millfoil a few Potamgotons and
Egeria. There are a few others but these are the worst from what I've seen.
Veronica can hang with this group and does well emmersed or submersed.
There's a pic if you look in the archives and I think Richard Sexton placed
the image up somewhere.