looking for ideas

In my 75gal, I have a nice rock.  It is large and
flat, about 4-5 inches tall.  Contains several visible
caves (it's not limestone).

But it has presented an aquascaping challenge to me.
Previously I built a large java moss mound.  Looked
nice.  But was then invaded by sinking riccia, and
didn't grow well either.  I think this was due to high
temps (discus tank).

Anyway, so then I was left with this bare rock
occupying a large space.  I tried riccia rocks on top.
 Looked ugly.  Now I have nothing.

Anyone have any ideas for what to do with a rock
"plateau" in your tank?

Arthur
http://www.awaqua.com