Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1615

Paul,

 >> Actually, I think I got the terms vivarium and Paludarium mixed up...
 >> someone explain the difference to me please!

A TERRARIUM is for land animals and plants.

An AQUARIUM is for aquatic animals and plants.

A PALUDARIUM has both water and land, and is for both aquatic and
terrestrial species. The word interprets to "swamp" or "marsh" tank.

A VIVARIUM is a container for live organisms. So all of the above are
vivariums. There seems to be a mistaken connotation, however, where people
use this term to refer only to terrariums and paludariums, but not aquariums.

Mike Wickham (mewickham at compuserve_com)
Pleco Press, publisher of aquarium books
Coming soon: www.plecopress.com!

           Interested in aquariums and fish? Visit FISHNET at
         http://go.compuserve.com/fishnet?loc=us&access=public
                        Access is now FREE!