Aphids

Ladybugs will hunt aphids I believe.  if you poke around on google or some
such thing under the key word "Integrated Pest Management" you'll find some
mail order houses for such things.  According to a UCDavis website
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7404.html#MANAGEMENT, other
options include parasitic wasps (cool!), lacewing larvae, syphid fly larvae.
I'm sure any significant other would welcome the prospect of your releasing
wasps in the house to control the aphids on your emersed plants!

Doug