Anyone keeping Empire Gudgeons?

I saw a male of this species (hypseleotris compressa) in a LFS yesterday
that was had spectacular color. I put a 'hold' on the fish for pickup
later today.

When I called later in the evening yesterday they told me there is
actually a pair in the tank, & they believe they were spawning,
explaining the awesome coloration of the male.

Some internet searching found some nice photos of both males & females.
I assume the male will not be quite as attractive most of the time?

I'm planning to put these fish in my CO2 injected community tank, which
typically stays around 6.6 to 6.8.
Anyone see any problems with this?

David