RE: relevence of natural (open) ecosystems to tanks (closed)

> Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:15:58 EST
> From: Bob Olesen

> With all the hype about "Nature Aquariums", and the
> pictures and ads for various "natural" products in
> aquaria mags, it's easy to be mislead if we allow it.
> Like it or not our systems are about as unnatural as
> they come. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.

At the same time, let's not confuse "Nature" aquaria with "natural" aquaria.
I don't believe anyone would try to make the case that the decorating art is
necessarily approached in a natural fashion ;-) ...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com