Re: New tank

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Tom Barr wrote:
>
> “Well a dose of patience is in order. Don't expect immediate results. Give
> things 2-4 weeks. Relax and stop adding everything at once.”
>
> Thanks for the wake up call, Tom!  I’ve spent so much money on this new tank
> and so much time setting it up that I think I forgot the basics.

Well you care alot about this tank and are trying to do what you feel is
right. Nothing wrong with that at all. You'll do great.

>  I’ve been
> so worried about getting everything absolutely right this time around that I
> ’ve allowed myself to freak out over every tiny detail.  I really need to
> relax and take some time before I burn myself out.

At some point folks have to come up for "air".
Those that don't leave the hobby. But then they are pissed that they failed
and sometimes come back.

 I just wanted this to be
> a beautiful tank right from the start.  I wanted to avoid algae outbreaks at
> any cost, and I wanted my plants to start growing and filling in the tank as
> quickly as possible.  I realize I need to take a step back, take a deep
> breath and wait; let things stabilize and work themselves out.

Sometimes you feel you've covered every base and you still get some algae.
Experience can help in many areas. You just need to get your feet wet and
have some confidence in your self. That takes time and experience. No way
around that part.

> Well, I have to get to work now.  I will be more than happy to expound on my
> lack of patience later.

Well we all have that problem. Don't fret over it.
Regards,
Tom Barr