RE: Sword trouble

Are you referring to older leaves or new leaves?  Most swords that you buy
are grown emersed (especially if it was in a pot).  The leaves that are
above water are sometimes more round and have a "plastic" feel to them.
When these leaves are submerged they either evolve or die.  If new growth is
not being affected then that may be your problem.  The only way I know to
solve it is by letting the plant grow as usual and prune old leaves that
start to decompose.

If the entire plant is being affected then maybe it is buried too deep or
the root was starting to die before you bought them.  Were the roots black
or had a rotten smell?

I bought some tropica swords a couple of weeks ago and the old leaves have
yellow edges (slowing turning to brown).  The new growth is awesome though.
I cut the old leaves at the base when they look too poorly.  All of the
rosette are putting off plantlets as well.

Something you may try...
When you plant your swords but some Jobe Plant sticks around the root.  I
used this method on a Double Red that acted skittish about growing.

Hope that helps.

big D
--
Knowledge is the door ... Education is the key.

Check out my fish site @
http://home.austin.rr.com/ddaquaria

PS  The recommendations above are from my own experiences and personal
solutions.