Re: Plant references/submersed pollination

>Yes. Some have done this faster than you think. The evolution of Utricularia
>is very interesting. Vascular Aquatic Plants, a book I was wondering around
>at the AGA meeting in TN is a gem of a book(It's pretty old). You'd eat it
>up as would a number of folks here.
>I found some Callitriche in dark redwood stream that I just ID'ed in this
>book. Neat little plant but too fragile for trade. This one was true aquatic
>though. A reference in Aquatic Botany also has it(a plant in this genera) as
>the only proven case of submersed pollination.
Tom,

I believe Didiplis Diandra can do this submersed pollination. I have seen
it happen a few times in tanks with no circulation. Diandra gets those tiny
little  pink flowers, even (only ?) when it's submersed. Some time later,
tiny two leafed plantlets can be seen in close proximity to the plants. I
have never gotten them to grow into full sized plants, but Since I've seen
it happen a few times, I'm pretty convinced the plantlets are from the diandra.

Jim