Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1586

|Lived in Michigan all my life and have looked after a bunch of ponds - I
|don't think any fish can out perform the various "bluegill" species or the
|"sunfish" species for mosquito eradication. Plus they taste good. Various
|species of minnows will also work. I've never seen a pond free of what we
|call silver or shiner minnows but never heard of anybody seeding a pond with
|them either. They must appear by magic.
|Scott S
|In Michigan - Where the motto Winter Wonderland has just come back with a
|vengeance.

Howdy, Long time lurker/Michigander here,
Scott, I believe the magic is performed by water fowl.  The eggs of the fish are
sticky.  They are attached to the feet of the birds and transported to other
bodies of water.  Or so this is the theory I have been told.
-Lee
In Michigan...Wondering about this Winterland. ;-)