Re: light level recommendation

> Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 21:38:40 -0600
> From: "Cameron Case" <cameroncase at hotmail_com>
> Subject: light level recommendation
>
> I am thinking of buying either a 2x13 bright kit from AHSupply,
> or a 1x13.
> This is going to be an add-on for a 20L with an Eclipse 3(?) hood
> (i know,
> not the best for plants, but it really works well in this
> situation).  The
> tank has been running with just the two 18 (?) watt bulbs for maybe seven
> months now, and currently only has crypts, mosses, and java
> ferns.  I would
> like, though, to have something more (i really like didiplis diandra, but
> experimentation has proven that this tank doesn't have enough
> light).  I'm
> going to make something so that I'll either have the current 36
> watts plus
> 13, or plus 26.  What I want to know from you guys is, considering how
> shallow this tank is (3" of flourite making even shallower), will 49 be
> enough? Or do I need 64?  Since it is small, and right now just has
> low-light plants, it just gets Flourish Excell, TMG, and PMDD.  No CO2
> injection.  I would like to stick with these same ferts, though I know
> they'll have to change in amounts and frequency with more lights
> / different
> plants.  Anyway, considering what I've got (and as wordy and
> repetetive as
> I've been, I certainly hope I've covered all the bases), do I
> need to add 13
> or 26 watts?

According to tropica that plant need medium to very much light and i
difficult to handle.

I would go for the 26 watt of extra light, and you also need CO2 in order to
get it to grow, because of the huge amount of light.

But all the other nutrients also need to be in order.

Good luck with the new plant :)

With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Reinke  ICQ #1413069
Remove IHSYD from email address when replying by email

Please visit my Freshwater Aquaria Webpage
http://www.disky-design.dk/fish

Now available:
      The internets first PLANT SEARCH ENGINE
      http://www.disky-design.dk/fish/PlantSearch/PlantSearch.html