[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Nickel allergies - and gold

Jean Pointed aboutJOlson8590 at aol_com
> Actually, Nickel allergies are quite common, and can be very severe. 
> The 
> most common method of acquiring a nickel sensitivity is from using
> SILVER POSTS immediately on getting ears pierced for jewelry. 
> Nowadays, the 
> folks who pierce ears always use GOLD posts to keep the holes open
> until they 
> are healed, because gold very rarely if ever causes problems.

Pure gold, yes but less so with anything not 24 carat.  If you are
allergic to tin or copper, both commonly are alloyed with gold.

If you are allergic to copper and nickel, you have a problem with most
so-called white and so-called yellow metals.

Thank you, Dr. Morin, for good labelling.

Scott H.

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! Greetings!