Algae identification help.

I recently overhauled my tank after a couple of months of less than optimum maintenance :)    and now I am suffering from a persistent algae plague.  The tank was thick with val, rotala indica, and pygmy chain before I pulled all the plants out and replanted.  Ever since, I have been plagued with a brownish algae which seems to stick to the plant leaves but is not attached.  It is easily removed from plant leaves (but impossible to remove it all as it breaks up easily into the water column and resettles in other leaves).  It is a brownish algae and reminds me of dirty dust bunnies (sorry, don't know how to describe it better).  My kribs seem to pick at and eat this algae.  Rotala and val do not seem to be growing but ech. quad and dwarf sag seem to be doing ok (based on some runner production and good pearling).

The tank is a 120g with 2-250W 6500K metal halide lights and dupla CO2 system.   I have been doing ~25% weekly water changes.  I dose with 50ml TMG and 1/4-1/2 tsp KNO3 at water change and another 25ml TMG and 1/4 KNO3 at midweek.  PH is ~6.5.   I am assuming I have some sort of nutrient deficiency but do not know what it is.  I have searched the archives but have yet to find any info which sounds similar.    The tank is stocked with ~20 cardinals, 2 med angels, 5 corys, 4 ancistrus, 2 SAE, and 4 kribs.  The fish have good color and the kribs have been breeding so I would guess that the water quality is ok (for fish anyway).

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Will

multipart/alternative