Overdriving standard 40w bulbs

> Cool! Just out of curiosity, tell me about the ballasts you are using,
> and the cost of them (US or Canada?)
>
> Ed Dumas

Ed, I am using Advance Transformer Co standard  Instant start electronic
ballasts. They are meant to drive 4x32WT8, but I have found that they will
work just fine with 40WT12(up to 4 each), 60W T12-HO (2 each) as well as one
each 110W T12-VH0. To overdrive simply add the red and blue wires together.
Right now I am driving 3 each 40WT12 Daylight to 3X with 3 individual
ballasts. I bought the ballasts for $28.75 each at a local electrical
supplies store. I could still got to 4X, but I think I have plenty of light
now for my 55 Gallon tank.

Saw somewhere that is this configuration I am getting about 70W worth out of
each bulb, so that would put me in the range of about 210W total with 3
bulbs.

The part number for the ballasts is: REL-4P32-SC

Art