CO2 regulators from ebay

I didn't think it would return anything, but I was wrong. I did a search on
e-bay for "regulator +co2" (without the quotes) and it returned many
results. Several of them looked like they might be acceptable for use in
our application, this one in particular;

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRedirect&item=169860302
5&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1013049844&indexURL=0

It claims to be a two stage regulator, and appears to include a metering
valve of some sort. While the 0 to 60 psig output range may be a little
high for some tastes, with the appropriate valve it should pose no problem.
The CGA fitting (the one that screws into the cylinder valve) will need to
be changed, but that is a pretty simple process.

By the way, the Victor regulator I converted is working nicely. The two
stage regulator cost me $18, shipping and all, and I paid less than $6 for
the CGA fitting for CO2. I will probably get a Whitey valve from Swagelok
(about $20) to replace the plastic aquarium air valve I am using now, just
to make adjustments easier. They make a valve with a Cv of 0.080 that will
do nicely, I believe.

As always, consult a professional before using any equipment in purposes
other that manufacturers intent. Be safe, not sorry (or worse).

Standard disclaimers here.

Douglas Guynn
	dguynn at nwol_net
	915.368.5411

Veritas Vos Liberabit
The Federalist
It's Right! It's Free by e-mail!
http://www.federalist.com/subscribe.asp

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants. ... Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."
--Thomas Jefferson
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We
ask not your counsels or arms [and] may posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen." --Samuel Adams
"Almighty God...give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry

It is not a stunned silence that the world hears.  It is the quiet
meditation of a warrior.