Floramax?

Hi,

    Im helping my wife set up a pirahna sp? tank for my wife, who isnt quite
so into plants. I ran across something called Floramax gravel in a "That
fish place" catalog. Does anyone have any experience with it? Also, what are
the best "supermarket supplements" for a planted tank, e.g. Salt substitute
for potassium (KCL), Epsom salt for Mg? My water basically has no salts
(general or carbonate hardness) whatsoever, enough P to grown hair algae on
a bald horse...err...and a pH of 7. Is general hardness an issue in a
planted tank? Can a little bit of dolomite gravel be beneficial?

Thanks,
Zach