sensitive ph controller

Greetings all! I have an ultralife compressed CO2 system with a ph controller set at 6.8. I have a seperate GFCI outlet that is designated for only my aquarium. However, when I turn on a light on my desk next to the tank that is plugged into the outlet on the opposite wall, my ph controller gets affected by a change in ph. The disturbance shifts the ph controller up by about .08 each time. The light must create some form of electrical disturbance in that circuit that affects the ph controller. I know the ph controllers are sensitive but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to isolate the ph controller, short of installing a new circuit. Thanks for any help that you may have from your own experiences with this phenomenon.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---