Re: Heteranthera z. aka "Stargrass"

>>"Stargrass" also has a tendency to get black tips, perhaps because it is a
tender plant and easily bruised or maybe because I keep Flagfish with mine.
There again this could be some chemical deficiency, as others have
proposed -
but I suspect a mechanical cause as mine look too much like tissue trauma
when examined under magnification<<

This is the same problem I had with it. I believe it likes very clean, clear
water under direct light. At the time, I had it in a tank where I was
constantly removing plants and re arranging things, disturbing the
substrate. It did not seem to fair well under these conditions. No shortage
of light, CO2, or trace.

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com