Stargrass

I really like this plant; it certainly is a "weed" in the sense that it takes little attention to grow it and it can take over the entire tank in a hurry, if left untrimmed.  I like to use it two ways:  One way is to grow it up into a corner; you can make it grow "up" by trimming off the side shoots and leaving the taller branches.  It makes a nice wall when supported by the two sides of the corner.  It's proabably too weak-stemmed to do this away from the wall.  Secondly, I like to grow little bushes of it behind wood, etc.  This requires lots of trimming each week or two, but I enjoy trimming.  If you don't like maintenance, i.e. trimming plants, don't mess with the Heteranthera!
Roxanne Bittman