Re: Echinodorus 'compacta'

Steve B. wrote:

"Can anyone tell me a little about this plant?  I can't seem to find a
whole lot of info on it, but I think it may be the same as or at least
similar to e. parviflorus 'Tropica'.  Can anyone confirm this?"

No, the e. compacta is also known as e. robustus - see the azgardens.com
site for details.

I have both in a 3 watt/gallon (AH Supply PCF) 90 gallon. The parviflorus
stays about 1.5" high, the robustus stays about 6" high. They get thicker as
new leaves sprout from the center. The parviflorus has nicely
hammered leaves that are medium dark green. The robustus are light green and
look just like a regular amazon, just smaller.

Tom Wood
Austin, Texas, ya'll