the military

I flew for several years with Air Transport Command in the Canadian Armed
Forces. Flying C130's to Europe and in the High Arctic was part of my job
and we often had uninvited company. The Soviet military usually took an
interest in what we were doing and they were no respectors of domestic
airspace or the rules of international law.

Should the Chinese become able to project their airpower beyond their
borders and into other countries' territory, they will be much more heavy
handed than their American counterparts. To people who are intent upon
dissing the military–I suggest that you sign on for some General Military
Training (GMT), try living on a military salary and learn the truth about
the purpose and role of your country's armed forces and what members of the
armed forces must put up with to protect your cushy jobs and high salaries.

Oh and one more point! The Chinese pilot...He was insubordinate, reckless
and stupid. He exceeded his mission profile, ignored lawful orders from his
controller and paid for with it with his life.

Edward Venn,
SMG Holdings Co., Ltd.,
Deux Chateaux Blanc 2-303,
1356 Kobuchi, Kasukabe,