Re: System One and Vortex Diatom Filters

>How does the Sytem One compare to the Vortex D1 or XL in terms of
>noise?

They are about the same. In both cases, the noise comes from the fan of the
motor.

>Can you compare it to anything else -- just as a noise level reference?

maybe a bathroom ceiling fan? or old style SUPREME aquarium power filter

Although the noice is not objectionable to me, my wife always has me close
the door to the fish room when the diatom filter is running.

BTW, System One is marketed by Aquarium Products of MD.