Are IceCap Ballasts Truly Electronic??

I was helping my girlfriend move her reef setup yesterday when some
water got inside of her IceCap 660. Needless to say that the thing
didn't work. We drilled the rivets out and opened it up to clean out the
salt from the circuit board. The operation was successful, but I noticed
something. There are two fat coils sitting in the middle of the circuit
board with the words "tinicoil" on them. I don't know much about
electronic ballasts, but I was always under the impression that "true"
electronic ballasts did not have coils. Am I mistaken, or are IceCaps
not "truly" electronic?

PS - I will post pics as soon as I get some...later today or tomorrow.

--
Jerry Baker