Re: Can we stop with the politics?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:48:02 -0500 (EST), Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

>Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:41:09 -0500
>From: "Keith and Lisa" <kandl at net-link_net>
>Subject: Re: Can we stop with the politics?

[Unknown person was quoted as saying:]

>> Can we stop with the politics? I'm gonna get impressions of a lot of
>> people on this list that will make me lose all respect for them. I don't
>> want to read this list and be thinking, "oh, he's a ____  (blank to
>> conceal my political sentiments ;-) wacko".  Let's just talk about
>> plants and fish and stuff.

>You won't be able take someone's good advice about aquarium plant's or
>respect them because of your impressions on their political ideology??
>
>That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

I hope this is a better argument: politics are off-topic for this
mailing list, unless perhaps they're the politics of aquarium plants.[1]
How about the politics-interested among us take their political
discussions to a more appropriate forum? Let me suggest something around
talk.politics on Usenet.

Thank you.

[1] I'm not sure just what those politics would be, but I suspect that
    neither Chinese fighter pilots nor AWACS planes qualify.

csw
--
 /¯\
 \ /   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN