Please help with "hazy" water

Ed Dumas wrote:

> I, too, use a DIY CO2 system (in fact two of them in a
> 110 gallon tank).  Every once in a while my tank does go
> hazy as well, but it seems to soon "grow out of it". My
> tank mostly does this when I add nutrients, or adjust
> the water in some way.

This has happened to me when my yeast brew inadvertanly back-siphons
into the tank.  If enough of the mixture enters the water column, all
hell can break loose.  Nowadays whenever I see a grey haze in any of my
tanks with DIY CO2 I change water like crazy for a few days.

Michael Rubin ~ San Francisco

Ҷ2)Ehztk*Zjeƭ