nanotech developed in aquarium

    Today, after a water change, I saw the oddest thing.  A couple of my
plants had these tiny, silver, spider-looking things sitting on them,  The
mystery creatures were maybe 1mm wide and their 8 or so legs were moving
rapidly around as they navigated across the leaves of a couple of my plants.
The creatures look like they are made out of shiny metal.  Assuming that my
fish have not built robotic algae-harvesting equipment, what the heck are
these things?

Jeff