RE: Chinese Fighter Pilot

>>His name was Wong Way.
>This is an extremely tacky comment to make.  The pilot died, if you
>remember.  Besides, as I recall, it was our AWACS plane that was intruding
>at the time.

Our AWACS was in internation air space as defined by international law.
A fighter, piloted by Wang Wei (pronounced on CNN et al as "wong way"), hit
one of the props of the AWACS destroying its tail.  He was simply following
too close.  Had he remained at a safe distance, there is no way the AWACS
could have moved in any way that he couldn't have easily out maneuvered.
Its comparable to a speed boat running circles around a barge.  The barge
simply isn't going to chase down the speed boat.