Re: Green Water

I know this is probably frowned on :) as it's not a 'natural' fix but it's
quick and easy (although it costs money) .

I have a UV filter spliced into the tubing of my Fuval canister filter.  I
have it turned off all the time (I find it takes the usable iron out of the
water in a day if my test kit is right) unless I get my occasional green
water hit (usually after some hefty plant rearranging).  Then I plug it in
for a couple of days until the problem is gone, unplug and redose with iron.

The UV filter is not cheap but for me it's well worth the time saved for
dealing with green water.

Peter.