Re: UVs and green water

I was one of those "I wanna treat the cause and not the symptom" persons with
green water, as I had it in all three of my planted tanks after setup. But
after spending money on a diatom fillter, flocculents, blacking the tank out,
etc., I finally broke down and bought a UV. Best thing for GW, IME. I put it
on the tank, ran it for a week and the GW went away and has not returned in
over 2 years. Did the same for my other 2 planted tanks with the same result.
Only way to go.
Dave

multipart/alternative
  text/html