RE: Aquanetics 8 watt UV issue

Cavan,
I have an Aquanetics 15 watt inline unit I modified to a hang on type for
green water, ick, etc for tank to tank use. If you have blue light from the
inlet/outlet sides and water is going thru the unit, then it is working.

A UV will only kill stuff that passes thru it. If the slime algae you mention
is attached to something in the tank, the UV won't do anything to it. It is
effective against green water because the GW algae is free floating in the
water column, the same way a UV is only effective against ick in the free
floating stage, not when the critter is in a cyst at the bottom of the tank
or attached to a fish.
Regards,
Dave

multipart/alternative