Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1561

> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:40:17 -0500
> From: Neil Frank <aquarian.subjects at mindspring_com>
> Subject: Re: algae and bio filtration bacteria
> Algae are common in new setups and must run their course. What are people's
> experience with initial blooms of suspended algae (green water)?
>
> Neil
>
> Neil Frank / Aquarian Subjects (interesting old books and magazines)
> http://www.mindspring.com/~aquaristics/aquarian.subjects/

Well, my first tank with live plants in it was setup in November.
Nothing fancy; some hygro (regular and sunset), water sprite, and
ambulia. It's a 29g with two 24" F20T12 GE PL/AQ bulbs; DIY CO2, daily
1mL of Leaf Zone (iron and K), and 1.5mL Plant Gro. Everything seems
fine. Woke up one day to a foggy tank last week, changed 75% of the
water over the course of 24 hours and it went away.

Pictures at: http://home.attbi.com/~jerrybaker/images/tank-0124.jpg

--
Jerry Baker